Borrowing, Returning, Reserving & Renewing
- Borrowing of books in Perpustakaan UMK should be made at the Self-Checkout Machines.
- For borrowing purposes, users must produce their UMK ID cards or library membership card which is affixed with a barcode on the reverse side.
- Borrowing can only be done after details of the barcode have been input into the Library Computer System.
- Materials can be borrowed or returned at all campuses (City, Bachok, Jeli, Veterinary Resource Centre).
- Loan eligibility/number of loans for each member is determined by his/her membership category (by item/collection type).
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials borrowed under their names.
- Lost/damaged materials should be reported at the Circulation Counter. A period of 2 weeks will be allowed for borrowers to search/replace the materials in question.
- All library materials taken out of the building must be properly charged out.
- Returning of books should be made at the Self-Checkin Machine or Circulation Counter.
- Books should be returned to the library according to the due date so as to allow the books to have shelf life and provide other users the opportunity to refer to/or borrow them.
- Borrowed materials must be returned on/or before the due date. Borrowers who fail to do so will be fined.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy to the borrower. It is the borrowers responsibility to renew or return items to the library. Failure to return or renew library materials by the stated due date will begin the overdue procedure. The notification schedule will be send by email to borrowers as reminder before and after overdue.
- For lost material, fine for late return is imposed calculated from the date the material should have been returned until the date it was reported lost.
- Any lost will be charge exacly the material price with processing fee charge (RM30). Example : Book Price = RM 100 and Processing Fee = RM 30. Total should be paid = RM130
- Reservation can be done online via SOPAC.
- Only books that have been borrowed can be reserved.
- There is 5 times limitation for reservation according to user eligibility.
- Red spot books which have been reserved will only be kept for half an hour after it is re-turned.
- Books from the open access collection will be kept for a week after the book is returned.
- Books under research vote are not allowed to be reserved.
The facility is available for renewal of materials which are not on hold by other users. Users may renew or check date dues of items being borrowed by following these steps :
Renewal Through Web OPAC
- Click ‘My Library Account’.
- Enter your patron username and password.
- Click ‘Renew My Materials’.
- Choose the book to be re-newed.
- Click ‘Renew Selected Items’.
- Take note of the new due date.
- Renewal by Web OPAC are allowed 3 times only.
Renewal by Telephone
- This privilege is given to all staff and postgraduate student only.
- Item can be renewed if there are no holds for the item.
- Fines of overdue will still be charged if renewal is made after the due date.
- Renewal is allowed one only.
- Please state your name, faculty and matric number for us to check the database.
- Items can be renewed at counter services
- Item on hold (reserved by other user) cannot be renewed.
- Such item has to be checked in. If there is no problem with your account, you can use our self check-out machines.